Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Museum of York County <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 22:25:43 -0400
There's a sicence museum in North Carolina that just put a picture window
(opening into a public hallway) on their storage area, in which they keep a
dim light burning.  It's really quite effective.  They put a glass-fronted
case right behind the window, so people can actually see some of the collection.

>From: Sally Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
>

>The Australian National Maritime Museum is exploring the possibility of
>incorporating some visible storage and other behind the scenes physical access
>for the public - views into the conservation laboratory for instance,  into new
>storage facilities.
>
>I would be grateful for any information on museums or galleries that have used
>visible or open access storage in any form, successful or otherwise. I am
>particularly interested in systems that do not rely on guided tours, but in
>which visitors are able to move through/past storage or conservation areas
>freely.
>
>Thank you in anticipation
>
>Sally Fletcher
>Senior Registrar
>Australian National Maritime Museum
>GPO Box 5131
>SYDNEY NSW 2000
>AUSTRALIA

>Ph: +61 2 552 7777
>Fax: +61 2 552 2318

Janis Beth Wilkens
Curator of Collections
Museum of York County
4621 Mt. Gallant Road
Rock Hill, SC  29732
803-329-2121  Fax: 803-329-5249
Email: [log in to unmask]  ("Janis" in subject line)