From:
Andrew Cary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 17:27:39 GMT
In <[log in to unmask]> Erik
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Does anyone on the list know of a good, user-friendly software program
>for scheduling volunteers?  One of my colleagues working in an
historic
>house is trying to schedule over 100 volunteers, all with unique work
>times and skills, and make sure that all times are covered and no one
is
>left out. This seems like the perfect job for a computer, but I have
been
>unable to locate any software designed for scheduling large groups of
>people. Is there any program that accomplishes this task with a
minimum
>of fuss?  Preferably PC-based, although all suggestions are
appreciated.

>Erik Mason

Although at my museum we use the time honored 'fill-out-the-calendar'
approach, in my professional working life as a project manager I use MS
Project to juggle literally hundreds of resources (people, spaces, and
activities).

Another alternative is any 'groupware' scheduling software. On-time by
Campbell Software, Schedule+ by Microsoft are both reasoonable tools.

--
+- Business ------------------------++- Pleasure (well usually) --------------+
| Andrew J. L. Cary,                || Society for the Preservation of Carter |