From:
Kristi Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 10:00:34 -0400
Erica:  The  American Association of Museums has been active in lobbying
for the inclusion of museums in telecommunications reform legislation.
In 1994, we were successful in getting museums included with schools,
libraries and nonprofit health care centers in provisions of the Senate bill
that would require industry to provide us with preferred rates (similar to
the nonprofit postal rate) to the information superhighway.

This year our efforts have been met with some resistance in both the
House and the Senate.

We have also developed a position paper on museums and technology.  If
you are interested in this or any other information, please call.

Kristi Walker
Issues Manager
AAM Government and Public Affairs
202/289-9125