From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 14:59:02 -0600
To Museum-L subscribers and the Management of Squeaky.free.org:

Here is a copy of a message I have sent to Carl Bittner. Spamming is unethical
and it is hard to stop when the message is sent to individual lists rather than
to many lists. The current version of Listserv software does intercept posts to
multiple lists, but junk mail will still slip by.

---- copy of message -------

Carl,

Your post to Museum-L was completely inappropriate and I have forwarded a copy
of your post to the postmaster at your site.

Museum-L is a cross-disciplinary discussion group for Museum professionals and
others interested in Museum related issues. Your post was way off topic.

Spamming is unethical. Many subscribers MUST pay per message received. This is
the equivalent of sending junk mail COD, only the receiver has no choice to but
to pay for the trash e-mail.

I am sending a copy of this message to the Museum-L list and to the management
of your Internet service provider.

Please cease and desist.

--john chadwick
listowner, Museum-L