From:
Ivy Strickler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 12:55:39 -0400
Well, here I am with another dumb question.

Thanks to all your help, we are well on our way with a computer data base
:) and are coping with accessioning things that were donated in 1985 (as
you all suggested, using 95.whatever accession numbers). So far we have
limited our computer catalog to only those items which have actually been
inventoried, on the theory that the existing card catalog may contain cards
for items no longer in our possession. Now, here's the question...

I have an appraisal list showing approx 80 items donated. 75 or so were in
one cabinet and I've dealt with them. Five I haven't seen, but they may be
around somewhere; one I know was broken so thoroughly that we had to
dispose of the shards. Does it make sense to make up entries for the
missing items and just fill in location later? What about the broken item?
Any and all suggestions gratefully appreciated.

PS-Anita, keep up the good work!

Ivy Fleck Strickler                     Phone 215-895-1637
Drexel University                       Fax 215-895-4917
Nesbitt College of Design Arts          [log in to unmask]
Philadelphia, PA 19104

"Never forget that life is like a Fellini movie, and you're getting to see
it for free."