Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 12:26:33 EDT
According to Charles Fenton:

> -------------------------------------
> From: Renaissance Digital
> E-mail: [log in to unmask] (Charles Fenton)
> Date: 09:58:35
> Time: 08/28/95
>
> ------------------------------------
> To Listmembers: As background for a discussion group at the American Associati
on
>  for State
> and Local History annual meeting, I am looking to  talk with people at museums
> ho are
> successfully using or developing computer  projects for museum education and o
ut
> reach.
> These might be projects that expand the ability of the institution to reach ou
> into the
> education community, especially K-12. (This might also include multimedia kios
ks
>  but not
> video). If you  know of individuals whom I can contact please send their addre
ss
>  on to me
> at the above address. Thanks.
>
> Charles Fenton, Education Project Director
>

> "Expanding the Window -- Not Lowering the Threshold"

Please excuse me for posting this to everyone, but the
addresses listed just ret
urns my letters!

Charles,

We have been very successful with a project co-sponsored
by the State Department of Education called Thomas
Jefferson on-Line. The DOE for Virginia sponsors a
network called the Public Education Network and it
addresses all sorts of educational needs and projects
throughout the state. In the history section, they have
historical figures (like TJ and Woodrow Wilson - both VA
presidents) who answer letters written to them in the first
person. TJ is by far the most popular correspondant! I
serve as TJ in these correspondences.

If you have any other questions, please E-mail me directly.

Robin

--
Robin Gabriel
Director of Education