From:
Stuart Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 13:52:00 GMT
We are thinking about developing a computer interactive guide for our new
Museum (opens 1998).  I'd love to hear from museums who have developed a
computer interactive guide for visitors (or are planning to).

I'd also like to hear from people who may have visited museums and used a
computer guide - was it useful, was it better than a paper guide map or a
map on the wall, was it fun?

I know the Powerhouse Museum (Sydney, Australia) had one they discontinued
(and I think they're planning a replacement) and I have heard the Tate
Gallery (London) has a good one.  Any others?

Stuart Park
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa,
PO Box 11-566, Wellington, New Zealand.
Phone (+64) 4 - 382-6600
Fax (+64) 4 - 382-6606

Email [log in to unmask]