From:
"Don R. Reynolds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 09:02:56 -0700
This response to the question of advertisements on this or any other
discussion board in on the button. There are commercial spaces available on
the internet. Personal advertisements as well as virtual malls are
available. The irritation factor is the equivalent of the 10 minutes of
advertisements that preceed the feature of a rental movie video.

>I think [list advertistment] is a bad idea.  There is enough drivel on the
>Internet without
>opening the fllodgates to advertising.  I get over 40 messages per day- I
>don't want you or anyone else shilling in a space that is relatively
>advertisement free. Try late night UHF TV.  I am
>confident most replies you recieve regarding your query will echo mine.
>

>> How does everyone on this list feel about blatant advertising?

Cordially,

Don R. Reynolds, Natural History Museum, 900 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90007
213 744 3232 voice, 213 746 2999 FAX, http://www.usc.edu/lacmnh