From:
"Kirk W. Laughlin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 22:50:06 GMT
Does anyone have any current information about the status of the House
Appropriations Interior Subcommittee's decisions regarding the
Institute of Museum Services.

As if June 12, 1995, the committee was seriously considering zeroing
out the budget for IMS.  A report I got from one of my directors on
July 14 stated that IMS was not going to be zeroed out, but instead
receive a 20 percent cut.  It was also reported that the IMS was
considering going to a system in which institutions which received a
General Operating Support grant two cycles in a row (they are 2-year
cycles) would have to sit out a year from applying.

Does anyone have a more recent update or any additional info?

Thanks.
Kirk W. Laughlin
Grants Coordinator
Pacific Science Center