From:
Bill Billett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 08:15:51 +1100
Was the Enola Gay problem caused by the design team trying to be PC? With
historical displays surely we must tell the story as it was, but viewed
through the magnifying glass of today - ie. put both sides of the story,
what the people believed happened at the time - and what we know today of
events (often censored at the time) behind the political scene/military scene.

The proposed Vietnam display would lend itself to this treatment - and
the support of the Vietnam-Veterans. Be bold Smithsonian.