From:
Linda Tanaka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 23:00:00 PST
Stop your whining my fellow Canadians. Stop acting like victims of the
American steamroller. There are more of them than there are of us by a long
shot. And besides, they have never failed to respond to any purely Canadian
issue with the same fervour that they respond to their own issues.

And besides, their issues are almost certainly global issues. They are
always on the leading edge of changes that are about to occur in our
cultural industries. I watch while they bleed knowing that we will follow
shortly. The only time I delete is when they are going on about specific
funding agencies because, of course, ours are not the same.

Try putting something provocative on this list and see what considered
about, I need only to turn to the list and see that someone else is
struggling with the same thing.

And Jason, are you not looking inward when you ask them to look outward.
And, I hardly find Vancouver the Great White North.

>>      There have been some colourful exchanges about the
>>      apparent self-absorption of our US colleagues on this
>>      list.
>
>        I would like to say that I agree, up here in the great white
>north we are even closer to what you are refering.
>
>        J. Mather
>          Simon Fraser University
>        Burnaby, B.C., Canada

Linda Tanaka
Vancouver Museum        British Columbia  Canada