From:
Linda Tanaka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 22:00:00 PST
>I have just recently been assigned the task of creating a set of
>specifications for crates to ship artifacts.  The specs will be used to
>obtain bids on constructing crates.

Whitney
You must contact your own National Gallery of Art. They have published
excellent handbooks called ART IN TRANSIT. They have in the past taught this
in workshops around the US and Canada. Speak to the conservators there for
really good advice. I think you will find that you have a big project to
deal with. The transport of objects is not a light subject. Give them a call.
Good luck!

Linda Tanaka
Vancouver Museum        British Columbia  Canada