From:
Jane Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 14:24:33 EST
Dave...It sounds as if you may have to design your own graduate program
in Museum Studies and find a university that will let you do that. The graduate
 programs in administration are usually just that, and you would take
some other courses of your choice along with the required curriculum.
As for conservation, it is very specialized with very strict
requirements for acceptance (only 6 - 10 students per year in each
program....U. of Delaware/Winterthur, Institute of Fine Arts in NY,
N.Y. State U. at Buffalo, Columbia U., and a few in Canada. The U. of
the Arts in Phila. has an exhibits design program which may include
publications design. There are numerous schools that offer administration
with varying degrees of emphasis on museums. I suggest you find a copy of
MUSEUM STUDIES INTERNATIONAL for a pretty complete listing. It was published
in 1988, and an updated edition should be out in July of this year from
the ICOM Committee on Training, published by Routledge Press in London.
The AAM has a condensed version of the MSI which is also available.

Hope this helps a little. If you need additional info., I am Jane Glaser
at [log in to unmask]