Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Maria Economou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 1995 21:50:27 +0100
Following up the subject of touchscreens for museum displays:

We are seeking advice for touchscreens for Macintosh computers for
temporary exhibitions. The Deparment of Antiquities
of the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford is planning a two-month exhibition which
will include an interpretation and public information program designed
with Apple's HyperCard. This will be placed next to the objects on
display and will address all potential visitors, from schoolchildren to
families and tourists.

We would appreciate any advice or suggestion on the technical side of the
interactive diplay.

Ellinor, a (UK?) touchscreen manufacturer we have approached, offers two
types of screens:

1. The AccuTouch (Resistive on glass) which seems very accurate and
fast-responding, but not very durable and of average image clarity, and

2. The IntelliTouch (Surface acoustic wave) which - according to the
advertising leaflet - offers excellent image clarity and durability, but
does not seem as fast and accurate as the previous model.

Any advice or experience you migh have had of these (or other) systems
would be very helpful. We would also appreciate any tips about housing,
security, and maintenance.

Thanks in advance.

Maria Economou

PS  You can reply to this address (I have designed the hypermedia program
as part of my DPhil in Oxford) or to Dr Jonathan Moffett, Data Manager of
the Ashmolean, at [log in to unmask]

Maria Economou
Linacre College                               tel: +44.1865.724165
University of Oxford                          fax: +44.1865.271668
OXFORD OX1 3JA, UK                            [log in to unmask]