Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 1995 00:43:48 -0500
Hello everyone.  Yes, this is the last call for the museum-L directory.

For those you haven't heard, I am compiling a "directory" of museum-L users.
 While there are ways to get the subscription list to museum-L, I am curious
to know how many of us participants are curators, students, etc. and what
percent of us work in natural history institutions, history institutions, are
private consultants or workers, et cetera.  To this end, I have been
gathering people's names, position titles, and institutions where they work
from the sigs at the end of posts.  Some individuals have emailed this
information to me privately as well (much to the relief of all museum-L
participants, I'm sure).  This directory is NOT a "Who's Who in Museums", so
please don't feel you shouldn't be included if you are not a museum
professional.

I will be gathering info/entries until this coming Friday, 17 Feb 1995.  If
you have posted to the list within the last month (30 days or so) with a
complete enough sig, YOU HAVE BEEN  ADDED TO THE DIRECTORY.  Also, if you
have emailed me with your info, you have been added (I tried to acknowledge
everyone who emailed me, but the Mailer Daemon ate some of the messages).  If
you do NOT want to be in the directory, email me this desire.

*This directory is being compiled to satisfy my (and others') curiousty.  I
do plan on making it available to other museum-L participants, although I'm
not quite sure how I'm going to do that yet.  THE DIRECTORY WILL NOT BE SOLD
TO ANY VENDORS.  It is strictly for our use, although if it is distributed on
the list it is fair game to any vendors who happen to be subscribed to the
list.

I hope to have the directory ready for distribution before the end of March.

Questions and concerns may be mailed to me directly at the address below.
 Entries for the directory may also be mailed here.

If I may say so, we have a neat bunch of people out here.

Holly Trimper
Graduate Studet, Museum Studies
U. of Nebraska-Lincoln