Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Virginia M. Parks" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 09:06:15 -0800
Virginia Parks, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Portland, OR
      Tel: (503) 624-9861   E-mail: [log in to unmask]
I'd like to take advantage of the wealth of experience out there on
the subject of heritage education using activity kits.

I am developing a hands-on classroom resource kit which explores the
natural and cultural history of the Chinook Indians who lived on the
Columbia River at what is now an archaeological site on a national
wildlife refuge in southwestern Washington. The kit is geared toward
grades one through seven, and will include: artifact replicas made by a
tribal artist; teacher's guide with lesson/activity plans; floral and
faunal samples; as well as slides, videotape, audiotape, and classroom
reference books.

I am interested to know:
1. What other kits exist out there along these lines
2. What especially effective/ineffective kit components or designs have
   been observed.
3. Tips on creating a professional-looking product on a very small budget.
4. Any words of advice, caution, and/or moral support from those who have
   had experience with this sort of endeavor.

Thanks,

Virginia Parks