From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 00:20:26 -0500
Hello and saluations. Oops, once again I reiterate.

The ever-growing directory of museum-L participants is still growing, thanks
to everyone's enthusiasm.  I have tried to personally thank everyone who has
sent  me their info directly; if you have not received a note, blame the mail
daemon.  If you have not received a note but have posted to the list since 17
Jan, you have been added to the directory.  If you do NOT want to be on/in
the directory, email me directly at [log in to unmask]

For those who have not heard, a directory of sorts is being compiled of *all*
museum-L participants, be they museum professionals or other interested
parties who have subscribed to this list.  I wanted to gather info on
everyone to ultimately see how many of us are students, curators, directors,
and so forth as well as to see what percentage of us are history museum
workers, art museum workers, and so forth.  Therefore, the info I am
interested in is name, position/title, and institution at which you work (if
there is one). Some people have sent institutional addresses, phone and fax
numbers, too.  I have been compiling this directory by gathering info off of
people's sigs at the end of posts to museum-L.  Quite a few people who
consider themselves "lurkers" have emailed me directly.  IF YOU HAVE POSTED
TO THE LIST WITHIN THE LAST MONTH, CONSIDER YOURSELF ADDED TO THE DIRECTORY.

I will stop gathering this info on 17 February 1995.  The final directory
should be ready for distribution (format unknown at this point) in mid-March.

This directory is NOT a "Who's Who In Museums", just a breakdown of a
one-month sampling of museum-L participants.  This directory will NOT be sold
for commercial purposes.

Any questions may be emailed to me DIRECTLY please at [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your help, support, indulgence, etc.

Holly Trimper
Graduate Student, Museum Studies
Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln