From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 03:07:03 -0500
Mark Rosenstein thinks:
>one reason to be cautious is that there are a lot of really hard
>issues, especially in the intellectual property area. What worries me most
>are institutions selling the electronic rights to their holdings, before we
>have any clue as to the real value of the those rights...

etc.

Something I haven't seen discussed (except in my classes; please, classmates,
forgive me!) is this:  how can museums sell the copyrights to artworks, when
the artworks and other objects are not actually *owned* by museums but held
in stewardship for the public trust?

Can everyone tell I'm taking a class titled "History and Philosophy of
Museums"?

Seriously though, I'm very interested in thoughts on this from professionals
in the field.  Again, my classmates, don't kill me.

Holly Trimper
Graduate Student, UNL