From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 09:10:34 -0700
>I've just begun browsing the World Wide Web and have found several stores
>and malls that are on the web - mostly music, flowers, gifts, and computer
>products.  (if you want to see what they're like, one example is NetMarket
>at http://www.netmarket.com/ )  As a past museum director, I started
>thinking about how a museum could do something similar as a means of
>generating earned income. Does anyone know if any museum stores are doing
>this, and if so, what their web addresses are?  Any comments as to how
>appropriate/reasonable people feel this idea might be would also be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>Winnie DelliQuadri

We put our Christmas mail order gift catalog out as an experiment.  It was
a little crudely done (by me), but it cost us nothing to do, and it
supplemented our member's mailing.

The URL is http://www.usc.edu/lacmnh/default.html

Choose "Gift Selection Center".

We're considering doing more of this, but it's low priority.  I feel that
we need to flesh out the information content of our page before we start to
branch out.

Jim

Jim Angus

Molecular Systematics Laboratory/Web Manager
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007
(213) 744-3317

http://cwis.usc.edu:80/lacmnh/default.html