Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 07:16:14 -0600
Are you aware of the Texas "women's history" list run out of, I think,
TWU?

If you are not, and want to be plugged into it, just ask.  I'llhave to
go look up the address or I'd provide it here.
David

On Tue, 13 Dec 1994, Laurie Hart wrote:

> I am currently employed as a Research Assistant at the University of
> Alberta, where I am putting together the readings for a new course being
> offered next semester on exhibitions.  Professor Anne Lambert is offering
> the course in the Department of Human Ecology.  The course will look at
> the planning and implementation of exhibitions as a participatory
> process, with a special emphasis on women's history and material
> culture.  Two teams will be formed and will focus upon two different
> ideas for exhibits:  something to do with domestic material culture,
> probably laundry, and something pertaining to the women's movement.  For
> that she is interested in the types of T-shirts which were made up to
> commemorate rallies, benefits, or more tragic events like Marc Lepine's
> murders of women in Montreal.  The role of these T-shirts
> as symbolf, for example, is something Prof. Lambert would like to explore.
> She is
>  interested also in people's personal anecdotes about their activities in
> the women's movement, etc.
> We were also wondering if anyone knows of any feminist or gender-related
> discussion lists--they don't necessarily have to be about material
> culture per se.  If anyone out there has taught a similar course, or has
> some ideas for references, etc., let me know :) Anne is not yet hooked up
> :( and relies on her students for now...
>
> Thanks for reading!
> Laurie Hart

David LaRo, in sunny San Antonio.  The opinions expressed above?  I guess I
have to claim them, but don't hold me to them.   I've already told you more
than I know!    [log in to unmask]