From:
Jonathan Bayless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 21:31:47 -0500
>Ronald E. Cole

Good to hear from an [old] former professor....

Good to see that Natural Resource collection types are getting involved in
the "museum world."  Of course, most of us have never understood the division
between "cultural" and "nature" in museums!

As an introduction, I'm the Regional Curator for the Western Region of the
National Park Service that includes California, Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, Saipan,
and most of Arizona.  The 45 parks have approx. 4.5 million artifacts,
specimens, and archives depending upon how you count.

I have a masters degree in Systematics and Evolution from George Mason
University in northern Virginia.  Have been with the NPS for 14 years.  And
so far, have only benefitted from reading the discussions on museum-l, but
have yet to "connect and comment" on any particular question/discussion.

Jonathan W. Bayless
National Park Service
Western Regional Office
San Francisco, CA