From:
Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 1994 18:50:25 -0400
A few months ago, there was a thread on odd / weird musea of the macabre or
the occult, or of prisons.  (The subject came back in shadow form recently
as deliberately funny musea.)

In the for-what-it's-worth department, I've just discovered there is a
museum of Atlantis in Athens.  (Praxagora 27, 117 45 Neos Kosmos).  It is
reachable via gopher (gopher://ithaki.servicenet.ariadne-t.gr:70
/11/HELLENIC_CIVILIZATION/MUSEUMS is how it showed up in Mosaic; gopher to
ithaki.servicenet.ariadne-t.gr to get there the plain old way).  There's
not much to be seen electronically -- three pictures and a one-screen
description.  Still, its existence is worth noting, and it marginally falls
into the "occult" catagory if one considers the fantastic theories that
have been built upon the notion of Lost Atlantis.

You may now return to your weighty discussions, already in progress.  My
apologies to those who felt my tuppence ha'penny to be a waste of
bandwidth.

Mario Rups