From:
Lamar Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 13:50:39 CST
Hello,  This is my first attempt at sending E-mail, so please be kind,
I'll try to play the game right.

I would like to hear from museum exhibit staff (or others) about
exhibit lighting needs for a new facility.  We are developing a new
science center with approx. 30,000 sq.ft. of exhibit space per floor.
The ceiling heights range from 22 ft. on the ground level to 14-16ft
on the upper floors.  We are looking at an inexpensive, yet highly flexible
system of 1.25" black pipe grid suspended from the ceiling throughout the
gallery to clamp fixtures to and run "pigtails" to more permanent outlets
above.  The pipe system would allow the flexibility to add additional
lighting needs to the system as well as banners and misc. lightweight items.

I would appreciate anyone's input on this matter.  I would also be interested
to hear your thoughts concerning any light fixtures and/or bulbs you've found
to be very effective in this setting.  Please drop me a line or call.
Thanks for your time!

Lamar Smith, Dir. of Exhibits
Discovery 2000
Ph. 205-558-2048