From:
"B.Craig" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 10:46:13 +1030
>Do you know of any 'community-run exhibit spaces' in museums?  Which
>museums?  Or any literature that discusses them or this idea?
>
>Susan Pointe Museum Studies U of Toronto

The Constitutional Museum attached to the State's House of Parliament in
Adelaide, South Australia has had such a space for some years; it is possible
that the Migration Museum also has done this, at least on an occasional
basis. Write to the History Trust of South Australia, 122 Kintore Ave,
Adelaide SA 5000, AUSTRALIA.

The South Australian Museum has involved Aboriginal communities in prepar-
ing, planning and presenting exhibitions. Write to Steve Hemming, Division of
Anthropology, SA Museum, GPO Box 234 Adelaide SA 5001 AUSTRALIA.
Tandanya, The Aboriginal Cultural Institute, has also done this. In both these
cases I believe the initiatives came from the institutions rather than from the
communities. Tandanya address is 253 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
AUSTRALIA.   Hope these snippets are of interest and useful.  Barry Craig.