From:
BETH WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 21:08:42 -0600
I was a framer for quite a few years, and we used rice or mulberry
paper with rice glue/paste that we got from an archival framing
company.  Can't think of a name right off hand, anybody else out
there got a good source?  I have misplaced my vendor file and it has
been too many years, but I do know that the paper and paste are easy
to remove without harming paper.  The paper tape tears easily in all
directions, and incidently, this is an indication that it is indeed "mulberry"
paper.  It is acid free, strong and absorbant.  Please see Decor
magazine March 1990 for an excellent article on conservation mounting.
 Page 321 "Conservation Framing: It Hinges on the Mount"

 Insta-Hinge
, methyl cellulose, wheat starch, rice starch are all ok, but you have
to make sure you are in a bug free environment to use any food based
pastes.  Zen Insta Paste is a name that comes to mind, it is premixed
and available through Light Impressions catalog.  Filmoplast P-90 is
another fine tape, I can't think of any others just now, but I hope
that this gets you started in the right direction.

 I really do
recommend Decor magazine for some excellent references on mounting or
framing or just plain taking care of your fine old prints.  Good
materials in Light Impressions catalog also.