Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 00:04:38 -0500
Doug wrote: "I know there are enormous difficulties involved in putting a
database online in this manner, but isn't this a more fruitful goal to
pursue? What do you think?"

 I cannot agree with you more.  The data is so much more useful than can be
imagined.  I can think of a multitude ways to sort and glean information that
may be different from another person's view.  I continue to contend that this
information must be made available to all seekers,  whatever  their vision
for its interpretation.  Providing policies for access to protect copyright,
or any other infringement, must be done.  But providing that access is
critical.  Susan Harless
Deschutes County Historical Society   [log in to unmask]