From:
Jane Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 10:43:41 EST
Ellen...having chaired both Gender conferences at the Smithsonian, I
am very interested in your inquiries. Claudia Kidwell chairs the
Gender Equity committee at MAH, and can be reached at 202  357-3185.
Sorry I don't have her FAX or E-Mail numbers. I'm delighted to hear
you are reading the Gender Perspectives book. I have not heard of any
particular communications device among museum people relating to
feminism, but there are many who are actively engaged and being
proactive. I hope you get some responses on Museum-L because I would
like to hear about them too. I do know that Marion Gill, also at MAH,
is trying to plan an event for 1996.  You may be interested to know
that there is a Women's Heritage Museum in northern California, and
Women's History Month (March) is pretty widely celebrated in museums.
If you want more info. about our seminars, please contact me or my
associate who coordinated the 1990 seminar, Artemis Zenetou. Her
telephone number is 202 367-1331.   Jane