Mark Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 13:32:35 GMT
Not only did I see the segment on CBS News, but I met that exact person
coordinating the Micro Gallery Project at the NGA while at MCN in Washington
last month. That demonstration was incredible, though funded with
$2.5Million from American Express Inc makes it more easily believable.  At
that time, there was no plans for a CDROM to be marketed to the public, as
that was asked in a Q&A session there. We all second guessed that decision,
just as the National Gallery London stated that same line before they had
Microsoft publish their's as Art Gallery (Which is good, but not as unreal
as the NGA's would be)

The news show did not ever quote the NGA as having said it was going to be
available soon to the public, but instead conjectured that "it should be
available sometime soon" - maybe meaning on computer terminals in the NGA's
own micro gallery in DC.

Mark
Mgr I/S
The Mariners' Museum
Newport News, VA  23606

--
Mark K. Friedman    "The fights are so    ***********************************
Tidewater, VA       vicious because       **  Internet:  [log in to unmask]   **