From:
Tim Bosher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 08:15:22 +1100
On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, Carl Sjogreen wrote:

> I'm asking this question for the Cleveland Children's Museum:
>
> They are looking for a new kind of cash "register", preferably computer based
> with a traditional cash drawer, reciept maker, etc., but also with some kind
> of database entry to keep track of the people attending the museum.  I am
> trying to find a suitable system for them and thought I would ask what other
> museums were using, and if they knew of a way to contact the manufacturer.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
>                                              -Carl Sjogreen
>
>                                               Sysop Nosferatu BBS
>                                               President Shadow Software
We use a touch screen based system from a company in Sydney called Touch
Screen Systems.This works on the principle of user defined touch
'buttons' which can record any sort of data you like. In normal use we
define buttons for different types of visitor (adult, child, variuos
types of group like 2 adult + 1 child etc). The system maintains a
database which provides extensive reporting capabilities including
graphical output. Additional buutons can easily be programmed to carry
out things like zip code surveys, overseas visitors, vistors to special
exhibitions etc.
>Apart from the internal reporting ability, the system can also download
data to Financial management systems and it's easy to export data to any
spreadsheet.It also controls a cash drawer similar to any standard cash
register.
I know that we're a long way away from you (This is Melbourne Australia)
but we are very happy with the system and it may be worth investigating.
If you're interested, I'll put you (or anyone else) in touch with the
supplier.
No, I don't have any vested interest!

Tim

*            Tim Bosher           *      Museum of Victoria          *
* [log in to unmask]  *  Information Systems Branch      *
*      Phone: +61 3 651 6751      *      Fax: +61 3 651 6180         *
*      There is no time like the present to postpone                 *
*      what you should be doing.                                     *