From:
Jolene Kubisiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 1994 09:57:41 -0400
I am researching the upholstery of a suite of Belter furniture owned by the New
York Historical Association.  I would like to find out if anyone is aware of
museums which have Belter furniture with original upholstery.  I would also
like information on Belter furniture which has been reupholstered and the
rationale which was used in selecting the fabric and trimmings and the
upholstery methods used.

I am already aware of the Belter furniture which is at the Metropolitan Museum
of Art, the Manney Collection, and the suite owned by the Historic Landmarks
Foundation of Indiana.

Thank you for your help.

Jolene F. Kubisiak
email [log in to unmask]