Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 07:46:45 EDT
         Institutional Studies
 Liesel: Good Luck! The issues you've included in your posting have
 kept this office busy for the past 7 years! We have published many
 reports which you may find of interest.  Some of our data may be of
 help in secondary analysis.  In any case, you certainly have to
 begin with a careful literature review. So, given your closeness
 to D.C., you might consider coming by and visiting our office and
 spending time in the Museum Reference Center.  There are also
 several bibliographies of museum studies which you may want to
 review.  I'm responding to the list in the hopes that someone
 can identify critical reviews of the museum literature for all
 of us.

 Zahava D. Doering, Director
 Institutional Studies Office
 Smithsonian Institution