From:
Carole DeFord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 11:07:51 -0400

>          Four of us here at the Archeological Assistance
>          Division are monitoring various lists with regard to NAGPRA
>          and have heard very little on the subject.  I originally
>          thought a separate list dealing strictly with NAGPRA would
>          defeat the purpose of broadcasting the information broadly
>          but, on second thought, may be a list with NAGPRA in its
>          title would give people, associated with both museums and
>          tribes, an identifiable place to air their concerns, discuss
>          issues, etc.
>
>          If anyone knows of such a list, group, etc. please let me
>          know.
>
>          Mandy Murphy
>          NAGPRA Program, Archeological Assistance Division
>          National Park Service

NAGPRA is still quite a maze to many of us especially at smaller
institutions who are generalists in our jobs and cannot devote our
entire time to digesting NAGPRA therefore, I for one, would appreciate
any clarification and information that comes out to aid us in this
legistation.  If your office finds any list or starts one please
let me know.  Thank you,
Carole S. DeFord
Collections Manager

--