From:
Jane Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 1994 17:32:39 EDT
You have only to cross the mall to find the Museum Reference Center
that has been at the Smithsonian for almost 20 years. It is the most
comprehensive museological library in the U.S. It became a branch of
the SI Libraries a number of years ago. The current librarian is
Valerie Wheat, and the chief librarian at the Museum of American
History is a former chief of the MRC. It has all the up to date
computer access technology. Be sure to check it out before starting
another. It is used by people, nationally and internationally,who
visit, call, FAX, or write for information.     If you wish more
detailed info. on how it started, please let me know. Jane Glaser,
A&I 1410. By the way, the MRC is in A&I, Room 2235.