From:
Heather Broxson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 23:14:26 -0400
On Tue, 18 Oct 1994, Shawn Spurgin wrote:

> We are exploring the possibility of exhibiting a number of ancient Greek vases
> in an area of the museum that is exposed to natural light.  Does anyone know
 if
> such vases are able to withstand this kind of exposure?  Any information you
> could provide would be helpful in our discussion of this installation.

Shawn-
I would suggest that you contact the Tampa Museum of Art.  In 1992 they
hosted the "Goddess and Polis" exhibtion, and placed the exhibit in a
room that received mainly natural light.  I'm sure they would be able to
provide you with some information.

Dr. Pamela Russell (the curator)
Tampa Museum of Art
601 Doyle Carlton Drive
Tampa, FL 33602
(813)223-8130
(813)223-8732 (fax)

I hope this helps!

Heather

Heather Broxson                                 [log in to unmask]
Graduate Student                           The George Washington University
Museum Studies