From:
jenni rodda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 1994 15:03:04 -0400
Hello, Listserv readers:

There seems to be some confusion concerning the CAA/VRA Session being held
during the VRA Annual Meeting in San Antonio this coming January.  In the
hope of heading off upcoming questions, let me see if I can clarify thing
s a bit:

This year's CAA/VRA session is full-blown 2 1/2 hour regular CAA session.
Because it is a regular CAA session, rather than the "in-between" sessions
VRA has normally had in conjunction with CAA, we are subject to CAA's
regular session restrictions:  the speakers must be members of CAA, and
attenders must pay to attend, either by purchasing a single-session ticket,
or by registering for the whole CAA conference.

We have made arrangements for those of you who will be attending the
joint session to purchase single session tickets in advance, for $15.00
each.  This is a non-refundable fee, and does not allow you entrance to
any other CAA session (for that you will need other single session tickets,
or a CAA registration badge that shows you paid to attend the whole
conference).  You do not have to buy your single session ticket in advance;
you may indeed purchase single session tickets at CAA in San Antonio.  We
did, however, think it would be nice if us VRA attenders didn't have to
stand in line at CAA...which is why there is a space on your VRA preregistration
   invoice to buy a CAA single session ticket.

As in years past, your VRA conference badge will allow you to attend CAA's
exhibits hall; I will make sure that the CAA conference planners have
samples of our badges, so that no one is detained unnecessarily.

I hope this information is helpful!  Please contact me directly if any
other questions arise.

Jenni Rodda, VRA VP and Insane Conference Coordinator
Curator, Visual Resources Collection
Institute of Fine Arts/NYU
1 East 78th Street
New York, NY  10021
(212) 772-5872, (212) 772-5807 fax, [log in to unmask]