From:
Maria Economou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 20:53:48 +0100
At the MCN/CIDOC conference in Washimgton this August there wwas a session
titled "Today's Automation Technologies in TomorrowU's Museum" which provided
an interesting outline of the possibilities that bar codes are offering to m
useums.
"Jud Miner (Datapage Technologies International) and Donald Flynn (Welch Allyn
 Data
Collection Division) referred to the directions in which symbology design is
moving today and to the cost effective ways that bar code automation offers for
performing inventory control, keeping security records , assisting transfer of
objects, tracking visitor information, etc. Johanna Humphrey (Department of
Anthropology, National Museum of Natural History) showed at an impressive
presentation how the bar-coding of catalogue numbers assisted the effective and
rapid transfer of the museumUs large ethnographic and archaeological collection
to new storage areas.".

The above is a quote from the report that I wrote for the conference.. Looking
in my notes I found one of the addresses:

Datapage Technologies
22 Turner Boulevard
ST Peters, MO 63376-1079
(314) 278-8888
FAX: (314) 278-2180

I hope that this helps

Maria Economou
Linacre College                               Tel: +44.865.724165
University of Oxford                          Fax: +44.865.271668
OXFORD OX1 3JA, UK                            E-mail: [log in to unmask]