From:
Robert Guralnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 1994 16:38:20 PDT
        Hi All ---

        Although this is already become very tedious, and I
am very loathe to contribute to the meta-noise, I have
one very concrete, maybe very useful suggestion.  Right now,
Museum-l is preconfigured so that any REPLY to a message goes to
the list.  Most people get confused by this when they first
get on the list.  They think a reply to the original sender
goes to that sender.  I made this mistake myself (TWICE) when
I first started posting to museum-l about a year or so ago (after
lurking for a while).  My suggestion is to set that option so that
all replies are sent to sender instead of back to the list.  This
will remove about half of the junk that clutters my mailbox
every day and will cut down on list volume.  It may mean that
some discussions go beneath the surface, but it may maintain
the sanity of all involved in what I consider to be a noble
experiment.

Cheers,

Robert Guralnick   | Museum of Paleontology   | University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720 | [log in to unmask] | (510) 642-9696