From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 1994 23:25:50 -0400
>(The Charmed) Ann Mintz writes:

>When I tell people I work in a museum, the response is likely to be interest,
>or wistfulness (I always wanted to be a.....), or (sometimes vague) enthusiasm.
>Off hand, I can't recall many negative reactions in almost 25 years.
>Am I living a charmed life?

I have to admit I tend to think in terms of art museums when I say I have
to defend them. Of course, I was watching a rerun of Murphy Brown when
I wrote that where she confronts some particularly vile art world types
who are, unfortunately, not unknown in these parts. They still haven't
gotten over Morley Safer.

Robbin Murphy
NYU/Museum Studies
Managing Editor, ArtNet (the friendly art BBS)