From:
Gary Eastty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 20:15:00 -0500
David,

Thank you for your information about NMAI.   Now I understand.  I thought the
reply referring to the "branch" in Connecticut was interesting.  There is an
interesting article about "Schemitzun", The Pequot People's Feast of Green Corn
and Dance in the same issue of Native People's magizine you might like to read.

I will pass on any information that does not reach me by the museum-l, assuming
that you will receive anything that does come it.

Since I spent six years living with the Northern Paiute at Ft. McDermitt,
Nevada, as well as visiting most of the other Paiute and some Shoshone
communities in California, Oregon and Idaho, I have a definite interest in the
developement of museums or cultural centers in Native American communities.  Are
you familiar with the Museum at Warm Springs (that is the proper name)?  I
visited there last fall while spending some time with a Paiute friend who lives
there.  They would be a good source for you to contact:

The Museum at Warm Springs
Box C
Warm Springs, OR 97761

Looking forward to being of help to you where and when I can.