Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 1994 21:51:59 -0400
>I wonder if anyone on this list might have knowledge of other listserv
>lists, or e-journals, or even newsgroups, that focus specifically on
>information technology in Museums; either in a general sense, or some
>specific aspect like issues facing museums that are developeing World Wide
>Web sites, for instance.

It's a good idea to lurk on the online-news list. That's where the people
actually planning the future of the web are discussing issues.

The address is:
no subject

subscribe online-news <your e-mail address>

These are journalist but they are trying to figure out how
to have a presence on the web. Even now they are saying that
Mosaic is to the net as 8-tracks are to recording.

The more I deal with art museums and telecommunications, the
more frustrated I become. They just don't get it. It's not
multimedia kiosks in the lobby or a few pictures on a gopher
site. It's integrating the technology into the very purpose
of a museum. I'd welcome any and all discussion of how to
go about this.

Robbin Murphy
Managing Editor, ArtNet
[log in to unmask] (address changing soon)