Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Leonard Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 1994 12:20:52 GMT
I have been fascinated to follow this discussion, but before it finally
closes I thought we should just confirm that everybody is talking about the
same thing. I have never heard of "whiteout" before, but I guess that it is
a trade name for a proprietory product used for correcting typing mistakes.

There are many similar products available in the U.K., under names such as
"Snopake", "Tippex" and "Liquid paper" - some of them applied by brushes,
pens or rollers, and some which claim to be "solvent free" (presumably water
is not a solvent in their vocabulary) or "environmentally friendly" ("contains
only natural solvents", whatever they are!). They also come in various colours,
and some have their own thinner fluids.

Do the comments which have been made about "Whiteout" (should it have a
capital W?) apply to all of these?

Another small point that needs to be raised: presumably "Whiteout" is used
to give a white area on which numbers will be clearly legible. Is the
alternative suggested, "Acryloid B-72", transparent, and if so will it be
adequate to use white or black ink depending on whether the colour of the
object is dark or light? Is any there any acceptable opaque material which
can be used when necessary?

Leonard Will

--
Dr Leonard D Will                           Tel: +44 81 366 7386
Information Management Consultant           Fax: +44 81 366 0916