From:
Susan Jacobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 11:06:17 -0400
Hi Maria!
NYC has lots of museum-based interactive exhibits....

* The American Museum of Natural History has an extensive installations
  related to "Human Evolution and Biology"
* The New York Hall of Science always has several kid-oriented
  interactive exhibits (I have not been there for a while).
* The Liberty Science Center has "softer" interactive exhibits
  (ex: they hosted a  "Virtual Hoops" basketball game).
* The Museum of Modern Art has a stunning installation by a French
  artist (I forget his name... Luc C---?) where a visitor can have
  a "conversation" with a video character. The installation is housed
  in a steel kiosk, the monitors hang facing the ground and the image
  is projected on a sheet of clear glass situated at eye level. The
  effect is that the characters seems to float before you...

I am sure there are many more examples. If you would like, I would be
glad to give you a tour of my department at New York University -
Interactive Telecommunications at Tisch School of the Arts. The program
is dedicated to multimedia development. I worked on a project this summer
that involved developing computer tools for art conservators.  E-mail
me when you will be in town...

Susan Jacobson