Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Elana Benamy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 1994 15:10:10 -0400
At our institution, the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, our
physical plant is composed of four buildings cobbled together over the
years (the old old, new old, old new, and new new).  There are many doorways
between public areas and "behind-the-scenes" territory.  Our exhibits dept.
has recently prepared graphics for each of these portals giving an attractive
but brief summary of one type of research/collection found beyond the door.

Also, as a collections manager (invertebrate paleontology) I find the library
analogy most helpful in explaining just what it is that I do.  I catalog (just
like libraries) and place things in systematic order (like libraries) and if
something is misfiled, it's as good as lost (like libraries).  I also help
visitors, answer questions, and send out loans.  It's a very easy and familiar
way of conveying what I do.  I'm afraid the curators will have to speak for
themselves.

Elana Benamy