From:
susan shore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 1994 17:15:58 -0500
Semie Rogers from Kansas says:

>  There's also Carhenge, in Nebraska, which is a replica of Stonehenge
> made out of dead cars.  There's a summer solstice celebration every year.
> Maybe someone from Nebraska knows more about it.

Yea - Carhenge...
This is what the COMPLETE ROADSIDE GUIDE TO NEBRASKA by Alan Boye says
about it:
     on Nebraska US 385 outside of Alliance...

     In 1987, in what was once an unassuming wheat field outside of
town, a man named James Reinders made national news by placing old
automobiles to look like Stonehenge. Reinders arranged trucks, cars,
used appliances and other artifacts of the 20th century in the excat
same configuration as the ancient stone monument in England.
     Reinders said that his monument "is something to gaze at. It is a
very intriguing monument. Hopefully someday it will have some kind of
historic value."
     Some of the people of the area have other opinions.

There you have it.

I also saw a baby stonehenge while passing through some medium size
city in central Missouri once - I think it was next to a funeral home.
Go figure.

Sue Shore
Grad in Musseum Studies
at Univ of Neb - Lincoln