From:
Lynne Teather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 15:41:39 -0400
Ken Yellis wrote:

> And when you are compiling the filmography, don't forget Goldie Hawn's
> best-ever performance in Deceived, with John Heard as the husband/bad guy.

Ken,

You might like to know that Deceived ws filmed in Toronto. Goldie
if you recall was a conservator and she based her character
on Sandra Lawrence, Head Conservator, at the Art Gallery of Ontario.
Sandra, who is a wonderful woman, feels that there was a certain
obsessive quality which Goldie portrayed.

In the movie, you may remember that there was a reception held at the
museum ( I think it was Maori Treasures); it was filmed in the Rotunda
of the Royal Ontario Museum. While they are at the reception the old
conservator is killed; that scene was filmed at the more state of the
art looking lab of the Art Gallery of Ontario.

Sorry for these obscure details but that's what Canadians do when
looking at movies filmed in Toronto to look like U.S. cities.

But more importantly maybe someday you too will be interviewed by a
Hollywood type to play a character in a movie.

Lynne Teather
Museum Studies,
University of Toronto.