From:
Jan Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 11:07:08 MDT
I am applying for a position as a museum registrar.  My academic background
includes a BA in psychology (focusing on social psy and psy of art) and a
MA in Anthropology (focusing on visual anthropology, anthropology of art).
Although I have worked as a museum volunteer for a long time (mostly helping
to install exhibitions, uncrate and record condition of exhibits, write labels,
etc.), I have not been a museum employee.  The museology class I took dealt
mostly with exhibitions (students researched and put together exhibitions).
So my experience in work related to that of a museum registrar is limited
(though I listed on the app as much as I could that could be construed as
as experience -- including inputting data on insurance values, condition,
donors, description on museum computer database and including doing condition
reports on incoming and outgoing artwork and artifacts, etc.)

Museum friends are going to loan me some books, and I've sent off for
Danilov's book (Anita Cohen-Williams new book listing) through inter-library
loan.

However, the  application procedure for this job also includes taking a
test for the position.  Although I'm prepping by getting (to be followed by
reading) appropriate literature, I wonder if any of you folks have in your
files sample tests for museum registrars.  Such sample tests would aid me in
 prepping for this exam and perhaps decrease my test anxiety.  My snail mail
address is PO Box 337, Mesilla, New Mexico  88046.  Thanks for whatever help
you can give me.      :-)  Jan Wilson