Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 1994 11:47:58 EST
It seems from your comments and many of our experiences that we need to train bo
th from the bottom up and the top down.  It is often the curators and directors
who are least concerned with preservation.  We in museums must strive toward
a unified approach but I rather doubt that we will achieve it except in very few
 cases and for limited periods of time.  I expect that we conservators will cont
inue to stand in defense of the collections against our museum brethren.  At
least we can encourage intelligent discussion of the issues and rational use of
collections instead of overt consumption.

Geoffrey I. Brown
Kelsey Museum