From:
Lynne Teather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 15:48:30 -0500
Dear Jane and Jennifer,

Thanks for your fine commentaries.  I hope that your words will
stimulate some others on the subject of the future of museum work.

We start our conference tomorrow morning and finish Saturday
afternoon. I hope that I will be able to synthesize some of the
discourse and send it through museum-l on Saturday or Sunday as I
think we are dealing with a global issue for the heritage/cultural
worker.

Thanks for your thoughts and insights.

Jane, I will be waiting for your book. Many of your remarks in your
message resonate with the work with the CMA doicument and I will make
sure that Nancy Fuller brings a copy back to you.

Well, it is an interesting time for museums and museum workers.  But I
am a little worried; it will probably take me a couple of decades to
figure all of this change out and then it will be time to go to the
museological rest home or maybe I'll make it there sooner than I
think. Even tenure at universities is at risk these days!  And many of
you will say a good thing too!

Bye for now,

Lynne Teather,                  "I'm still be-mused, bothered
Museum Studies Program,           and bewildered."
University of Toronto

Phone: 416-978-8822
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]