From:
Laurie Pinyot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 1994 11:54:46 EDT
Another suggestion might be to consider quarterly renewal cycles,
which we use in Pittsburgh.  Anyone joining between 1/1 and 3/31
receive a 3/31/95 expire date; 4/1-6/30 receive a 6/30/95 date;
etc.  We never publicize that you will get an extra 1-3 months if
you join today...we always only promise a full year.  That way we
don't have people waiting for the next quarter to begin to get
the 15-month membership.  Also, if our processing gets behind, we
never are short-changing anyone from the 12 months we have promised.

Because we used to be on a yearly expiration date probably 8-10
years ago, we still have a huge Sept. expiration cycle, which does
put a great burden on our staff, as John Harris mentioned in his
response.

Laurie Pinyot, Membership    | The Carnegie Museums of Art, Natural History,
412-622-3322, Pittsburgh, PA | Science Center & The Andy Warhol Museum