From:
Elizabeth Licata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 22:29:25 EDT
> We have had a reference question about the pros and cons and
>problems and work involved with creating an interactive >program for an
>art gallery(small)  e.g. an introduction to the gallery.

We are currently developing such a program. It exists in a prototype but we
haven't actually installed it.  What we're concentrating on is the stuff that
people will never see walking through the gallery: i.e. outreach, education
programs, etc. It uses video, sound, images, text.  There is also some
information on the collection. The installations I've seen in larger
institutions seem to work quite well and we're looking forward to getting
ours installed. As a preliminary step, we did a demo of it with Q and A at
another site as part of a series they were having on cybermedia.
-E. Licata
Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University